NFL and Harvard Team up for $100M Injury Study
According to a report by CNN News, the National Football League Players Association is working with the NFL to secure funding for a $100 million medical study aimed to shed light on the illnesses and injuries plaguing professional football players in America.
Sports-related illnesses and injuries, specifically brain injuries, have received mainstream attention in recent years as their long-term effects have become more evident.
Details of NFLPA-Harvard Proposal
- NFL players have reported a number of problems stemming from their athletic careers, including chronic joint pain, arthritis, heart problems, diabetes, and even brain disease.
- This prompted the NFL Players Association to propose a comprehensive injury study, the first of its kind.
- According to the proposal, the funds will allow researchers to figure out how to “diagnose, treat and prevent” player’s illness and diseases.
- The study will follow of 100 unhealthy players and 100 healthy players over seven years.
- Under the arrangement, the player’s portion of league revenues will fund the research project.
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, contact our offices immediately – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.