Nova Diabetes Care Recalls 62 Million Blood Glucose Test Strips
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Nova Diabetes Care has issued a voluntary recall of 62 million blood glucose test strips.
Diabetes patients who use the recalled blood glucose test strips may be at risk of using an incorrect amount of insulin.
Blood Glucose Test Strip Recall Details
“It is important that patients using these test strips discontinue their use immediately. A false reading could result in patient harm and delay critical care.” – Alberto Gutierrez, FDA Center for Disease and Radiological Health
- The test strips show an incorrect high sugar level reading.
- The FDA has warned that the inaccurate reading could cause an incorrect dosage error which may lead to the need of immediate medical attention.
- The recalled strips include Max Blood Glucose Test Strips and Nova Max Plus Glucose Meter Kits.
- The strips were sold in retail stores, online, and are used in health care facilities.
- The affected strips were manufactured between December 2011 and April 2013.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.