NuvaRing Injuries and Lawsuits
Facts about NuvaRing
- NuvaRing is a vaginal ring birth control product that is placed around the cervix and removed after 3-weeks to allow menstruation.
- NuvaRing has been linked to serious adverse events including blood clots, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, heart attack, stroke, and sudden death.
- According to the FDA, NuvaRing’s blood clot risk is 56% higher than older birth control pills.
- According to a 2012 British Medical Journal study, women who use NuvaRing are 6.5 times more likely to experience blood clots than women who do not use hormonal contraceptives.
According to DrugCite.com, the following adverse events have been reported to the FDA:
- 1,953 Pulmonary Vascular events
- 1,921 Embolism & Thrombosis events
- 1,648 Pulmonary Embolism events
- 1,274 Deep Vein Thrombosis events
An increasing number of lawsuits have been filed against the makers of NuvaRing alleging the product is not only linked to increased risk of stroke, but also death in some women. Other lawsuits allege that NuvaRing manufacturers did not provide accurate warnings about the risk of blood clots and thrombotic events. According to a 2011 Earnings Report, Merck has more than 950 NuvaRing lawsuits pending.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.