Office Depot Gibson Leather Task Chair Recall
Office Depot has issued an immediate recall for 1,400,000 Gibson Leather Task Chairs due to more than 150 reports of broken products and 25 reported injuries.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is advising consumers to stop using the Gibson Leather Task Chair because “the mounting plate weld can break and separate the seat from the base of the chair, posing a fall hazard to consumers.”
Injuries Linked to Gibson Leather Task Chair
- 153 reports of broken products.
- 25 injuries reported, including: contusions, abrasions, injuries to the head and neck, a fractured back and a fractured hip.
Office Depot Task Chair Recall Information
Information below provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- Recalled units were sold online and in stores from 2003 through 2012 for around $40.
- The adjustable chairs are black and armless with five wheels at the base.
- The product’s SKU number is 105479, and the registration numbers are PA 27248 (CN), PA 25498 (CN), PA 25276 (HK) or CA 35181 (RC). These numbers are located next to the “Made in China” label on the bottom of the seats.
- The product’s weld between the base of the chair and the seat is reported to separate easily, which creates a falling hazard that may cause injury to consumers.
- Consumers should return the product to any Office Depot retail store to receive a $55 store merchandise credit.