One Child Dead and At Least Four Injured in Idaho School Bus Collision
One child is confirmed dead and at least another four are suspected to be injured after a collision between a school bus and dump truck in southwest Idaho.
About the School Bus Accident
- According to early reports by the San Antonio Express-News, an elementary school bus carrying at least 10 students was struck by a dump truck at an intersection in Kuna, Idaho.
- Canyon County Sherriff spokesperson Theresa Baker has confirmed that one child has died and that the parents of the child have been notified.
- Officials with St. Alphonsus Regional Medical say that they have been told to expect four patients form the collision.
- All students on the bus were in the sixth grade or younger. Authorities have not determined who is at fault for the accident.
Bus Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 56,000 bus accidents in 2011, resulting in 283 deaths and 24,000 injuries.
- The NHTSA reported 1,236 fatal accidents involving school buses between 2001 and 2010 resulting in 1,368 deaths. This translates to roughly 137 deaths every year.
- The agency also recorded 3,341 fatal accidents involving large trucks in 2011 resulting in 3,757 deaths.
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of commercial vehicle accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to truck and bus accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57