The Largest Personal Injury Firm in Texas. Serving Clients Nationwide.
Corpus Christi 361-985-0600 San Antonio 210-656-1000 Nationwide Toll Free 888-314-9945
Contact us 24/7

One Hospitalized After Train Accident

View all
Cydney Patterson1 year ago

One person was injured in a train accident that happened on Tuesday.

Details about the Train Accident

CBS Local DFW News is reporting that crew members are still trying to handle a fire that happened Tuesday after a train had crashed. Three crew members are still missing and one was hospitalized after head-on train collision between new freight trains in Panhandle, Texas. The impact of the crash caused several box cars to derail and burst into flames, leading authorities to evacuate residents.

Farmer Billy Brown said that he does not know how anyone survived that crash. National Transportation Safety Board spokesman Keith Holloway said the NTSB has opened an investigation, and the Federal Railroad Administration said it has investigators on site. Everyone that was interviewed stated that it is not unusual for trains to crash, but the outcome of this one was just startling.

It has also been stated that this crash ranked only second in crashes of trains in recent years. The first being a crash in which three trains were involved that happened near Amarillo that injured five crew members, according to an NTSB report. The federal agency in that incident faulted the crew in one train for improperly proceeding past a signal and striking the rear of a stationary train, and cars that derailed were then struck by a train passing in the opposite direction.

Statistics on Train Crashes

  • In 2014, there were 1 928 persons killed or seriously injured in railway accidents in the EU-28, 9.5 % less than in 2013.
  • A total of 2 213 significant train accidents were registered in the EU-28 in 2014, representing an increase of 5.1 % compared to 2013: this is an upturn compared with the regular declining trend observed since 2004.
  • For all participating countries, the most common type of accident with victims relates to accidents caused by rolling stock in motion or to those happening at level-crossings. In 2014, these two categories represented 95.1 % of the total amount of victims and 98.9 % of the fatalities.
  • Only a minority (12 %) of rail accident victims in the EU-28 were actually passengers travelling on trains or railway employees. The majority, the remaining 88 %, was constituted of ‘other persons’ (e.g.: level-crossing users or unauthorized persons on railway premises).


Contact Us for a FREE Case Review

888-314-9945 •