Pacific Cycle Recalls 129,000 Infant Bicycle Helmets
Pacific Cycle has recalled roughly 129,000 infant bicycle helmets with magnetic no-pinch buckle chin straps.
About the Pcific Cycle Helmet Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the recall refers to infant bicycle helmets with magnetic no-pinch chin strap buckles produced by Pacific Cycle.
It is advised that consumers immediately take the helmets away from their children and contact Pacific Cycle to receive instructions on how to receive a free replacement helmet.
Description of Recalled Infant Helmets
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- These helmets are made for one- to three-year-old infants.
- “SHWINN” is printed on the front of the helmets. The helmet and straps are sold in various colors and pattern and include small plastic covers and enclosed magnets.
- Approximately 129,000 units of this item were sold exclusively at Target stores and at www.target.com between January 2014 and April 2016 for $18 to $25.
- These helmets are imported by Pacific Cycle Inc., of Madison, Wis. and are manufactured in China.
- Helmets with the magnetic no-pinch chin strap buckles are the only Pacific Cycle products affected by the recall.