Pacifiers Recalled – Deemed Choking Hazard
According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, Fred & Fiends has issued a nationwide recall for 183,000 Chill Baby “Artiste”, “Volume”, and “Panic” pacifiers. The pacifiers have been declared a choking hazard for several reasons.
Reported Choking Hazard for Children
The plastic beard on the Artiste and the knob on the Volume pacifiers can detach, posing a choking hazard to children. Furthermore, the ventilation holes on the Volume and Panic pacifiers are too small.
Affected units were sold in department stores, gift shops, drug stores, toy stores, baby product stores, grocery shops, home decorating stores, hospitals, museum gift shops, and various websites from April 2013 through December 2013 for around $10.
Fred and Friends is offering a $12 refund for each recalled pacifier. Customers can return the recalled pacifiers using postage paid envelopes that are provided by Fred and Friends.
Description of the Recalled Pacifiers
- The recall involves three styles of Fred and Friends Chill Baby pacifiers, that can be identified by their names on the packaging, as well as the following characteristics:
- “Artiste”- pacifier with a plastic beard and mustache attached to it.
- “Volume”- pacifier with a black volume control knob.
- “Panic”- pacifier with a red panic button.
- The UPC codes are also printed on the packaging, and are as follow:
- “Artiste” UPC: 728987021282.
- “Volume” UPC: 728987020599.
- “Panic” UPC: 728987020605.
- The pacifiers are composed of plastic and silicone rubber.
- They are 2 inches wide and 0.5 inches tall.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.