Park Pharmacy & Compounding Center Issues Recall over Sterility Issues
Park Pharmacy & Compounding Center has issued a voluntary recall of multiple compounded sterile preparations due to lack of sterility assurance.
About the Park Pharmacy Recall
- According to the FDA, two types of compound injections used through amber vials have been recalled because of concerns over unreliable laboratory results by Park Pharmacy & Compounding Center.
- While lack of sterility has not been confirmed, potential microbial contamination can result in infection and death.
- Physicians or healthcare providers should be contacted in case any adverse side effects or problems have been experienced due to these preparations.
- Customers of Park Pharmacy & Compounding Center are being notified by phone and mail for the return of mentioned products.
- Customers that have been using Methylcobalamin and Multitrace-5 Concentrate should stop using the products immediately and contact Park Pharmacy & Compounding Center at 949-551-7195 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Customers can also contact the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program at www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm, or by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
Description of Recalled Compounded Sterile Preparations
The following preparations are being recalled:
- Methylcobalamin 5mg/ml 30 ml amber vials with lot number #06132013@1 and expiration date 12/10/2013
- Multitrace-5 Concentrate 10 ml amber vials with lot number #05212013@20 and expiration date 11/17/2013
- The products were sold by Park Pharmacy & Compound Center from June to July of 2013 in California, Florida, New Mexico, and Indiana.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.