Passengers in Asiana Airline Crash Pursue Legal Action
According to a news article published by Reuters, passengers aboard Asiana Airline flight 214 have begun to pursue legal action. A petition for discovery was filed against Boeing Monday by a Chicago based lawfirm, and a Korean woman has sued Asiana in a California court.
Legal Actions Taken Against Boeing
Information provided by Fox News:
- 83 passengers involved in petition.
- The petition is seeking information on design, manufacturing and safety information along with other relevant evidence needed to determine liability for the crash.
- The petition was filed Monday in Chicago court.
- The Chicago based law firm claims it is the first step to filing a lawsuit, and may be making similar requests against Asiana and manufacturers of components used on the aircraft.
Legal Actions Taken Against Asiana
- A Korean passenger, Younga Jun Machorro, is suing Asiana Airlines for $5 million in damages and injuries suffered by her and her son.
- Damages cited in the lawsuit include extreme bodily and mental injuries and economic damages.
- The lawsuit claims the crew made “an extensive litany of error and omissions” which resulted in the crash.
- The lawsuit also claims the crew were improperly trained and supervised.
Contact an Experienced Aviation Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to aviation accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred.
Remember, your choice does matter. We represent clients/victims all over the country. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends