Peach, Plum, Nectarine, and Pluot Recall
Wawona Packing Company has announced a recall of peaches, nectarines, plums, and pluots due to a possible health hazard.
About the Fruit Recall
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Wawona Packing Co. has recalled the fruit because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Beginning July 18, 2014, no fruit has been packaged at Wawona Packing Company in Cutler, California. Consumers are recommended to discard of the recalled fruit and are eligible to receive a refund at the place-of-purchase with a receipt.
Wawona Fruit Company has already notified its business customers of the recall. Since the source of the Listeria monocytogenes has yet to be found, Wawona Packing Co. will not open until it meets the approved FDA standards of health safety.
Medical Effects of Using the Recalled Fruit
The Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that causes Listeria, a serious infection.
Listeria usually affects older adults, pregnant women, newborns, and adults with weakened immune systems. People with Listeria tend to experience high fever, severe headaches, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. In pregnant women, Listeria can lead to stillbirths and miscarriages.
If customers have any questions, Wawona Packing’s consumer information desk can be reached at 1-888-232-9912 (M-F, 8am-11pm EST or Sat-Sun 8am-8pm EST) or they may visit www.wawonapacking.com for a copy of the recalled product photos.
Description of Recalled Fruit
- The fruit includes whole white and yellow peaches, white and yellow nectarines, plums, and pluots.
- The recalled fruits were packaged nationwide from July 1 to July 17, 2014.
- Wawona Packing shipped the recalled products directly to retailers and wholesalers who resell or further distribute the products.
- The following brands sell the recalled fruit: Sweet 2 Eat, Sweet 2 Eat Organic, and Mrs. Smittcamp’s.
- The recalled products are also packed in private labels.
- The brands will be on the boxes or on the stickers placed on individual fruit.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57