Peanut Butter Recalled Due to Salmonella
Trader Joe’s is voluntarily recalling Creamy Salted Valencia Peanut Butter because it could be contaminated with Salmonella.
About the Recalled Peanut Butter
- Customers who purchased this product should stop using it immediately and return it to Trader Joe's for a full refund.
- The FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are still investigating whether there is a connection between the peanut butter and Salmonella.
- Trader Joe's has already removed the peanut butter from its store shelves.
- The peanut butter was sold in all nationwide Trader Joe's stores.
- The recall is for all products manufactured up to and including July 26, 2013.
- Production and distribution has been suspended while the FDA and suppliers continue to investigate.
- Contact Trader Joe's Customer Relations at (626) 599-3817 Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm. Or visit the FDA for more information.
What is Salmonella?
(According to the FDA)
- Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and other people with weakened immune systems.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (can be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in its getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as infected aneurysms, endocarditis and arthritis.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.