Pedestrian Deaths on the Rise in Austin, TX
From January to June 2012, 19 pedestrians died while passing through crosswalks in Austin, Texas. According to KXAN news, the high pedestrian accident rate spurred an undercover operation led by Austin police to catch drivers who do not yield to pedestrians. This initiative aims to prevent future accidents and pedestrian injuries.
Police Take Action for Pedestrian Safety
- According to a report in kxan.com, undercover Austin police officers are hitting the streets, posing as pedestrians in order to catch drivers who are not yielding at crosswalks.
- According to the report, first time offenders are only flagged down and given a warning.
- The warnings will continue for a several weeks, and then tickets will begin to be issued.
- Officers aim to teach drivers that if a person has already stepped onto a crosswalk, drivers on the same side of the road must yield.
- Once the individual has continued onto the middle of the crosswalk, drivers on both sides of the road must yield.
Pedestrian Accident Facts and Statistics
- According to NHTSA.gov, a total of 4,280 pedestrians died in traffic crashes in 2010, resulting in a 4% increase from 2009.
- In 2010, about 70,000 pedestrians were hurt in traffic crashes.
- According to kxan.com, 19 pedestrians died in the first 5 months on 2012.
- 17 people died in pedestrian auto crashes in Austin in 2011, and only 10 died in 2010.
- Austin City Police have recorded 128 intersections around the city that are considered dangerous for pedestrians.
Contact an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have been committed to getting their clients the compensation they deserve and making sure the driver pays for the pain he or she caused. We understand that being injured causes lifetime pain and suffering. We put constant pressure on the insurance company and driver involved to ensure you receive maximum monetary compensation.
No one should have to suffer because of someone else's mistake or negligence. Whether your injury was caused by a drunk driver, reckless or negligent driving, or even intentional misconduct, our aggressive and persistent pressure on the driver will give us the information we need to win your case.
At Thomas J. Henry, we dedicate our time and knowledge to your needs. With over 20 years of experience, we have shown each of our clients that we are committed to getting results. Our attorneys are available 24/7 nights and weekends in order to be there when you need us. Choose an attorney who is aggressive, dedicated, and experienced. Contact Thomas J. Henry today. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million