Pita Pal Foods Recalls Salads Due to Listeria
Pita Pal Foods, LP issued a recall for their Corn Relish Salad, Texas Caviar Salad, Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad, and Chipotle Quinoa Salad due to the possibility they are contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
About the Pita Pal Foods Recall
According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the recall as issued after it was determined certain lots of Pita Pal products were exposed to Listeria monocytogenes. Affected product was distributed to California, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wisconsins.
Common short-term health risks associated with Listeria include high fever, severe headache, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria infections can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Description of the Pita Pal Foods Recall
According to the FDA, recalled salads were packaged in the following containers:
- 2/5lbs Food Service Pita Pal Corn Relish Salad
- 2/4lbs Food Service Pita Pal Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad
- 2/4.5lbs Food Service Pita Pal Texas Caviar
- 8oz Pita Pal Texas Caviar
- 8oz Pita Pal Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad
- 24oz Pita Pal Mediterranean 3 Bean Salad
- 28oz Pita Pal Chipotle Quinoa Salad
Expiration dates or these products ran through June 13, 2016.