Plaintiffs Awarded $1.4 Million in Trucking Accident Lawsuit
About the Multiple Tractor-Trailer Accident
- A 30-year-old truck driver and his 61-year-old instructor were travelling in a tractor carrying attached to a flatbed when their vehicle was rear-ended by another semi carrying two fully loaded tandem trailers.
- The impact pushed the plaintiff’s truck into a third tractor trailer.
- After the accident, the instructor was airlifted to a hospital for emergency laparotomy to repair internal bleeding in his abdomen. He also suffered fractures in his right tibia.
- The driver of the truck suffered fractures to his wrist.
Damages Claimed in the Multiple Tractor-Trailer Accident
- After a week in the hospital, the 61-year-old instructor was diagnosed with a subdural hematoma for which he was transferred to a rehabilitation center and then he attended outpatient therapy.
- After returning to work, he began suffer dizziness due to the subdural hematoma and was forced into early retirement. He filed a lawsuit against the driver of the tractor-trailer that caused the accident for lost wages and injury.
- The plaintiff driver filed suit in after suffering permanent limited motion in his wrist due to injuries.
- The driver and instructor’s company joined the suit to recover workers compensation costs.
The Verdict of the Multiple Vehicle Trucking Accident
- The jury found both drivers 50 percent negligent in the accident. The instructor was found to not be negligent.
- The instructor and his wife were awarded $972,905, the plaintiff driver was awarded $182,777, and their company was awarded $284,552.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million