Plaintiffs in Car Accident Case Receive $98,742
Two men involved in a Dallas, Texas auto accident have received $98,742 for back and neck injuries resulting from the collision.
About the Dallas Auto Accident
- A 45 year-old male was driving in his pickup truck with a 32 year-old male as his passenger on August 31, 2010. The two men are the plaintiffs in an automobile lawsuit.
- The pair was driving along a Dallas avenue intersection through a green light when a vehicle, driven by defendant, drove through a red light and collided with the pickup.
- The plaintiffs brought a claim of negligence which the defendant did not dispute.
Injuries Sustained in the Dallas Accident
- The injuries that the plaintiffs claimed to have suffered include multiple herniation of disks to the neck, back, and lumbar areas of the body.
- The parties contended that future physical therapy and pain treatment would be necessary and that the injuries suffered had interfered with the daily physical activities of their everyday lives.
- The plaintiffs sought monetary damages for past and future pain and suffering, physical impairment, and lost income.
- The defendant’s council held that the injuries suffered by the plaintiffs were pre-existing conditions and not a result of the auto accident.
The Verdict is In
- The Dallas Country judge issued a verdict in favor of the plaintiffs.
- Damages of $96,742 were awarded in part to the plaintiffs while the defendant has been found negligent.
Information on Road Traffic Injuries
According to the World Health Organization:
- About 1.24 million people die each year as a result of road traffic crashes.
- Road traffic injuries are the leading cause of death among young people, aged 15–29 years.
- Half of those dying on the world’s roads are “vulnerable road users”: pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
- Without action, road traffic crashes are predicted to result in the deaths of around 1.9 million people annually by 2020.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million