Plaintiffs Win $20M in Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and intervenor plaintiffs successfully sued a travel agency of Largo, FL for allowing sexual harassment and retaliation against 7 women.
Allegations of Sexual Harassment
- Employees claimed management and supervisors sexually harassed them on a daily basis.
- Management and supervisors requested that employees have sex with them in the bathrooms of the building.
- Management and supervisors engaged in sexually explicit discussions.
- Female employees were the victims of unwanted touching and vulgar sexual remarks.
- Female and male employees were victims of retaliation upon reporting the sexual harassment.
Injuries Cited in Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages
- Recovery of back wages
Judgment Entered In Favor of Plaintiffs
Upon trial, the defense denied all allegations; however, after the defendants failed to respond to discovery, their attorney withdrew. The defendants failed to retain new counsel and a default judgment was entered.
Plaintiffs Awarded $20 Million in Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- The jury determined that the damages for the former employees totaled $20,251,963.
- The total included $16,000,000 in punitive damages.
- Each of the 8 former employees (7 women and 1 man) was awarded $2,000,000 for personal injuries with varying amounts awarded for additional damages.
Contact an Experienced Sexual Harassment Attorney
If you have suffered from sexual harassment in the workplace, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We have the knowledge and experience to handle your case. We will also take immediate action to prevent any further mistreatment. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Your choice does matter. Contact Thomas J. Henry for immediate assistance. We represent clients/victims all over the country.