PNY Recalls 56,000 Battery Pack for Fire Hazard
PNY has issued a recall for about 56,000 portable lithium polymer battery packs due to a fire hazard.
About the PNY Battery Recall
While no injuries have been reported, there has been one report of a batter pack venting flames.
Consumers are urged to discontinue use of the recalled batteries and contact PNY for a free replacement.
Description of the Recalled Batteries
Information below provided by the US CPSC:
- This recall involves portable lithium polymer battery packs with model number T10400
- The batteries are used to charge USB-enabled smartphones, tablets and other USB-powered devices.
- The batteries are black or grey hand-held devices 4 inches x 2.75 inches x 0.75 inches, with two USB outputs and four blue LED lights.
- PNY is laser-printed along the bottom on the front of the battery.
- Batteries were sold at Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max and other retail stores nationwide and online at amazon.com and frys.com from January 2014 through August 2015 for about $50.