Pool Slides Recalled- 1 Death Reported
Walmart and Toys R Us have issued an immediate nationwide recall on Banzai in-ground pool water slides because they can deflate, causing the user to hit the ground underneath the slide. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recall release, the slide is also unstable and can topple over in both still and windy conditions and carries inadequate warnings and instructions.
Death and Serious Injuries Reported
- So far, 21,000 pool slides have been recalled due to reports of death and severe neck injuries.
- A 29-year-old woman died after fracturing her neck going down a Banzai in-ground pool water slide which had partially deflated.
- In similar incidents, a 24-year-old man became a quadriplegic and another woman, age unknown, fractured her neck.
Slide Recall Information
Information below provided by the US CPSC.
- The recall involves Banzai in-ground pool water slides designed for use with in-ground pools.
- The vinyl slides have a blue base, yellow sliding mat and an arch going over the top of the slide.
- By connecting a hose to the top of the slide, water can be sprayed on its downward slope.
- The words 'Banzai Splash' are printed in a circular blue, orange and white logo, shaped like a wave on either side of the slide.
- The slides were sold at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us nationwide from January 2005-June 2009 for $250.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.