Popular Toy Recalled- Child Hospitalized
Dunecraft Inc., of Cleveland, Ohio, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (USCPS) and Health Canada, has recalled more than 94,000 popular children’s toys after a serious child ingestion injury was reported. The expandable, water absorbing toys can be deadly if ingested.
“When the marble-sized toy is ingested, it expands inside the body and causes a blockage in the small intestine, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening,” Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Details of the Dunecraft Toy Recall
- The recalled toys are marble-sized. They work by absorbing water and growing 400 times their original size.
- According to the CPSC, when the marble sized toy is ingested, it expands and may cause a blockage in the small intestine.
- Intestinal blockages can lead to severe discomfort, dehydration, and vomiting.
- Toys do not show up on x-rays and have to be surgically removed.
Description of Recalled Toys
- Water Balz, BC-0338
- Growing Skulls, BC-0320
- H20 Orbs “Despicable Me”, DM-0447
- Fabulous Flowers, BC-0440
- The recalled toys were sold at various retail stores for about $3 per package
8-Month-Old Suffers Serious Injury from Recall Toy
According to the recall report, an 8-month-old girl from Humble, Texas ingested a Water Balz and suffered and intestinal obstruction. The toy had to be surgically removed.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.