Powertec Recalls Weight Benches After Report of Injury
Powertec, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), is recalling about 565 weight workbenches which can break, injuring users. At least one injury has been linked to the recalled product.
Workbenches can Break, Report Says
- The CPSC is reporting that the workbenches pose an injury hazard because the weld on the backrest adjustment bracket can break.
- The CPSC recommends that consumers stop using the product and order a free safety retrofit repair kit.
- Powertec is also allowing consumers to return the product for a full refund.
Description of the Recalled Workbenches
Information below provided by the CPSC.
- The workbenches are free-standing and are mainly used for free weight workouts.
- The workbenches have black, square tube, steel bases with a jet black, vinyl, adjustable bench seat and backrest.
- The backrest pad is embossed with the word “Powertec” and the base frame of the workbench has a sticker with “Powertec” printed on it.
- The recalled model names and numbers are listed here. The model names and numbers can also be found on the product’s packaging.
- The Weight Workbenches were sold at fitness stores nationwide, as well as online at www.powertecfitness.com, from September 2011 to May 2012 for $299 to $549.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.