REPRESENTING VICTIMS WITH CATASTROPHIC INJURIES
Catastrophic injuries are characterized by long-term or permanent disability or disfigurements. Although there is no exact definition, catastrophic injuries generally describe injuries that may require several surgeries, a lengthy rehabilitation process, and life-long care. Individuals suffering from a catastrophic injury are usually unable to return to their previous occupation or job. Oftentimes, severe and catastrophic injuries are due to an accident caused by a negligent individual or company. Whens someone’s negligent actions cause you harm, you may be entitled to compensation.
Thomas J. Henry has over two decades of experience representing injured clients from across the United States. We are committed to our client’s satisfaction and well-being, and maximizing their recovery after a severe injury is paramount. Our personal injury practice has a proven track record of achieving record-breaking verdicts, settlements, and judgments for victims of all types of negligently caused accidents.
If you have suffered from a life-altering injury, contact us immediately to speak with our team of experienced personal injury attorneys.
WHY HIRE THOMAS J. HENRY INJURY ATTORNEYS?
- Free case evaluation
- Our attorneys available for you 24/7, nights and weekends
- You don’t pay unless we win your case
- Largest personal injury firm in Texas
- More than 100 lawyers working for you
TYPES OF CATASTROPHIC INJURIES
- Severe burns
- Severe eye injuries
- Dismemberment or amputation (loss of limb)
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (tetraplegia and paraplegia)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neurological damage
- Chronic or terminal medical conditions
- Wrongful death
If an injury has drastically altered your quality of life, you have suffered a catastrophic injury. If you are no longer able to work and your prospects of working in the future have been taken from you, you have suffered a catastrophic injury. Our catastrophic injury lawyers have experience quantifying your damages and will pursue every available option to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
ACCIDENTS THAT CAUSE CATASTROPHIC INJURIES
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys handles a multitude of different accident claims, representing clients injured in a wide variety of accidents.
- Automobile accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- 18-wheeler accidents
- On-the-job accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Oilfield accidents
- Refinery accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Dangerous pharmaceutical drugs
- Recalled vehicles
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Company vehicle accidents
- School or passenger bus accidents
- Garbage truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Beauty salon accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Maritime accidents
- Cruise ship accidents
- Nursing home neglect
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER SUFFERING A SERIOUS INJURY
We understand how disorienting and difficult it can be after being involved in an accident. There may be injuries — physical, emotional, psychological — that result from the accident. As an accident victim, you have rights that need to be protected. Following these steps may help the success of your potential personal injury case.
- Seek medical attention immediately for your injuries
- If you, a family member, or friend were hurt in an accident, get medical help first. Your well-being and health is paramount over anything else at this time. Be aware that some injuries are not apparent immediately after the accident and may become obvious days, weeks, or months later.
- Contact the police and file a report
- Be sure to be as accurate as possible when describing the accident to the police. Do not make assumptions or speculations regarding facts surrounding the accident and your injuries.
- Gather contact information from witnesses
- Collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any people involved in the accident, including witnesses. In some accident cases, such as automobile and trucking accidents, you should get the insurance information of all parties involved.
- Record facts and take pictures
- Document the accident by taking pictures of the scene, factors that contributed to the accident, and your injuries. We know how negligent companies, drivers, and property owners operate, and acquiring evidence from the scene can be crucial in your injury lawsuit.
- Contact an experienced accident lawyer
- At Thomas J. Henry, our team of experienced injury attorneys will assist you every step of the way. Protecting the rights of our injured clients is important to us. We will take immediate action on your case to preserve evidence, examine the existing case law, and find the best expert witnesses in the country on your behalf. We will put you in the best position possible to achieve the compensation you deserve.
WHAT ARE PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES?
In a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek to receive monetary damages from the negligent or liable party. The most common damages awarded are compensatory damages and punitive damages.
Compensatory damages are awarded to make up for financial and physical losses. Each case is unique and the damages can differ. Here are examples of compensatory damages that could be awarded in a personal injury case:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Medical costs
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
When a party is found egregiously negligent, punitive damages may be awarded to the injured victim in addition to the compensatory damages. These damages are awarded to punish the defendant rather than compensate for financial losses or injuries sustained in the accident. Punitive damages are determined by statute or existing case law and have a cap depending on the state.
THE LEGAL AND FINANCIAL RESOURCES YOU NEED TO WIN YOUR ACCIDENT LAWSUIT
Thomas J. Henry employs state-of-the-art technologies and experts in every personal injury case. From the first day we meet with a client until the day the case is resolved, our team of accident attorneys will handle the case efficiently and effectively.
At Thomas J. Henry, we are constantly applying innovative solutions to case management, client interaction, and information security. We will take every opportunity and explore every avenue to ensure that our clients are receiving the most up-to-date information possible regarding their case. With the click of a mouse, our attorneys can access your case files from anywhere in the country remotely, helping to facilitate a strong relationship between client and attorney throughout the process of the case. At the same time, we maintain stringent security standards and ensure your information remains confidential and protected.
With jet services, satellite technology, and advanced mobile technology, our injury attorneys are available at a moment’s notice from anywhere in the world. No matter where you live in the United States, you can contact our lawyers at any time. It is this kind of dynamic representation that we believe leads to building a strong case and ultimately achieving the compensation you or your loved one deserves.
RETAINING EXPERT WITNESSES FOR YOUR INJURY CASE
Thomas J. Henry retains the best expert witnesses from across the country in every personal injury lawsuit. Expert witnesses are brought in to provide expert reports and testimony for judges, attorneys, and insurance companies in trials and arbitration. Only the best, most qualified experts are retained in your case. These experts undergo questioning and examination before ever being retained. Finding the right expert can be crucial in the success of your case.
Our experienced team of injury lawyers determine which experts to retain depending on the type of injury and accident that occurred. Experts that may be retained in a catastrophic injury case include:
- Accident investigation experts
- Healthcare professionals, including physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and nurses
- Automotive forensic consultants
- General equipment technical expert
- Forensic examiners
- Accident reconstruction experts
- Structural engineers
- Maritime safety consultants
- Occupational and environmental health experts
- Failure analysis experts
In order to put our injured clients in the best position possible to recovering the damages they deserve, Thomas J. Henry retains an array of experts from as many different specialty fields as is necessary.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
If you or a loved one have been severely injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced injury lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate you claim. Catastrophic and serious injuries can cause you immense pain, put you out of work, and cause you financial harm. We can help you get back on your feet by advancing you court costs and medical costs.
At Thomas J. Henry, it is important to us that our clients are comfortable throughout the legal process. Backed by extensive legal and financial resources, let our experienced attorneys fight tirelessly on your behalf to help you obtain the real results you deserve. Contact Thomas J. Henry today for a free case review.
THOMAS J. HENRY – 2016 TEXAS’ TOP RATED LAWYERSAwarded In 2016 to Thomas J. Henry by Legal Leaders (An ALM Company)
THOMAS J. HENRY – PREMIER LAW FIRM OF 2016Awarded In 2016 to Thomas J. Henry by Newsweek.com
RECENT RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionNet to Client: $20.1 Million | Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney Fees: $10,060,980.00