Other Child Injuries
EXPERIENCED TEXAS CHILD INJURY LAWYERS
Children are vulnerable to a wide variety of accidents and injuries. These accidents can occur anywhere, and oftentimes they happen at the hands of people we trust with the safety of our children. No matter who causes the injury to your child, Thomas J. Henry has the resources and experience necessary to develop your case properly and handle your child injury claim. Our child injury attorneys are experienced in representing victims of many types of injuries. If your child has been the victim of one of the following injuries, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately.
- Burn injuries — More than 126,000 children required treatment at an emergency room in 2013 due to a fire or burn injury. Most burn injuries that occur to children are scalds, and sadly approximately 75 percent of scalding burns are preventable.
- Brain injuries — Nearly half a million children visit an emergency department for a traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year. TBIs are considered a leading cause of accidental deaths and disability in children.
- Eye injuries — Thousands of children suffer eye injuries each year in the United States. Misuse of toys and everyday objects are two of the most common causes of eye injuries in children.
- Sports injuries — Sports are a great way to keep children active, in shape, and out of trouble. Unfortunately, millions of children are injured during play each year in the United States. Children in sports are susceptible to many life-altering injuries, such as TBIs and heat stroke.
- Physical child abuse — More than 700,000 children were subjected to abuse or neglect in 2014 alone. Sadly, physical abuse of a child turned deadly more than 1,500 times that year.
- Sexual child abuse — Sexual abuse of a child can cause life-long physical and emotional damage. Parents and children can bring perpetrators to civil court and sue for the damages caused by their actions.
- Psychological child abuse — Children are oftentimes subjected to psychological abuse alongside physical and mental abuse. Unfortunately psychological and emotional abuse can be harder to spot and diagnose than physical and sexual abuse.
HOW DO CHILD INJURIES OCCUR?
In many cases, children sustain injuries that could have been completely prevented. Millions of children suffer from unintentional injuries each year due to the recklessness and negligence of adults. The injuries mentioned above can be caused by many different kinds of accidents, including:
- Automobile accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Dangerous or unsafe premises
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- School bus accidents
- Unsafe or defective toys
HAS YOUR CHILD SUFFERED A SEVERE INJURY?
If your child has been hurt in an accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Children are vulnerable to injury, especially when negligent individuals and property owners put their safety in jeopardy. If the unthinkable happens, you need a team of experienced injury attorneys and a law firm with the legal resources to win your case. Thomas J. Henry has experience representing injured children from across the nation in various types of accidents and achieving real results. Contact us today for a free case review.