EXPERIENCED MEDICAL, PHARMACY, AND LEGAL MALPRACTICE LAWYERS
While malpractice can come in many forms, the definition of malpractice tends to remain the same regardless of profession. Malpractice occurs when a trusted professional knowingly or negligently wrongs you or causes you injury. While malpractice is most often associated with the medical profession, malpractice lawsuits are commonly filed against pharmacists, lawyers, and public officials as well.
WHAT IS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE?
Medical malpractice occurs when an individual suffers injury or death due to negligence or incompetence on the part of a medical professional. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, medical errors cause approximately 250,000 deaths each year in the United States — only heart disease and cancer claim more lives each year than medical errors. In addition, medical malpractice often leads to significant injuries which can leave survivors with life-altering disabilities and disfigurements.
Among the most common forms of malpractice observed in the medical community are:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis — When a doctor makes an incorrect diagnosis, misses a diagnosis, or makes a delayed diagnosis, the recommended treatment may no longer be an effective option for the patient.
- Childbirth injuries — Negligence from a physician or nurse can occur before, during, or after childbirth that causes injury to the infant or mother.
- Medication errors — An incorrect dosage or method of administration are just two kinds of negligent medication mistakes that can cause serious harm.
- Anesthesia errors — Errors by an anesthesiologist, such as failing to monitor vital signs or administering too much medication, oftentimes lead to fatal consequences.
- Surgery errors — Negligence can occur before, during, or after surgery and leave patients with infections and other complications.
Victims and their family oftentimes face severe financial hardships following a medical error due to new medical costs and lost wages due to missing work. At Thomas J. Henry, we can advance your court costs and advance you financial assistance to help you and your loved ones get back on your feet. In addition, you won’t owe anything unless we win your case. Our confidence in our experienced medical malpractice lawyers allows us to do this and provide a comforting service for our injured clients while the legal process unfolds.
Our attorneys have handled a multitude of different medical error claims, representing victims from across the United States who have been impacted by a healthcare professional’s negligence. If you suffered an injury or illness due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse or other medical provider, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately.
REPRESENTING VICTIMS OF PHARMACEUTICAL MALPRACTICE
Similar to medical malpractice, pharmacy malpractice is the result of a pharmacist or pharmacy technician failing to perform their duties in an ethical and competent manner. When pharmacy malpractice occurs, the results can be catastrophic. Medication errors can cause severe injuries, illnesses, and death. Unborn children exposed to certain pharmaceutical drugs are often born with birth defects and chronic illness.
Among the most common forms of pharmacy malpractice are:
- Dosage errors — When a pharmacist fills a prescription with an incorrect dosage amount, a patient may get too much or too little of a treatment, potentially causing serious complications
- Incorrect prescriptions — If someone takes an incorrectly prescribed medication, there may be a deadly interaction with another drug or other
- Failure to counsel patients — Pharmacists are required to provide information regarding potential risks associated with a medication
If you or your child were the victim of a pharmaceutical error that caused a severe injury, illness, or defect, you may be entitled to recover damages. Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are responsible for providing prescription drugs correctly and ethically. Our experienced pharmacy malpractice lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to answer your questions and evaluate your injury claim.
HAS AN UNETHICAL LAWYER TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF YOU?
A lesser known type of malpractice is of the legal variety. Legal malpractice includes unethical conduct by a lawyer or attorney, oftentimes in the form of illegal solicitation, or barratry. Although legal malpractice may not cause physical harm, legal professionals or people hired by unethical law firms will oftentimes take advantage of a person who has recently suffered a serious injury or went through a traumatic accident.
Unethical attorneys will work with people in certain professions that have access to victims of recent accidents and injuries, such as:
- Medical professionals
- Funeral home personnel
- Body shop workers
- Insurance agents
These individuals — referred to as “case runners” — receive cash, gifts, and other favors from law firms in exchange for referrals and the signature of an injured person. In addition, case runners may try to convince you to hire a certain law firm by giving you money and gifts. This is barratry and is against the law.
If you or a loved one have been improperly solicited by a lawyer, investigator, or other person working on behalf of an unethical law firm, contact our experienced barratry lawyers today. We can help you get a refund for the fees you have paid and bring dishonest lawyers to justice.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED MALPRACTICE LAW FIRM
At Thomas J. Henry, our team of experienced malpractice attorneys are available 24/7 to take your call and hear your malpractice claim. We have lawyers who have handled a multitude of medical, pharmaceutical, and legal malpractice lawsuits. What sets Thomas J. Henry apart is our history of achieving multi-million dollar verdicts for our injured clients and our proven track record of helping our clients receive the compensation they deserve. Let us help you with your medical malpractice, pharmacy malpractice, or legal malpractice claim. Contact us today for a free legal consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.