Hepatitis C Drug Trials
Hepatitis C Drug Trials Linked to Serious Injuries and Deaths
The promise of new Hepatitis C treatment options leads thousands of HCV sufferers to sign up for drug trials each year. Unfortunately, many of the experimental drugs in clinical development can cause severe and life-threatening side effects. And while patients often sign consent forms prior to entering these trials, they are not always warned of all potential dangers.
HEPATITIS C DRUG TRIAL INJURIES
A number of Hepatitis C drug trials being conducted by pharmaceutical companies are yielding similar patient injuries, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Feelings of anxiety
- Decreased urine production
- Swelling of the legs
- Kidney damage
- Renal Failure
- Chest pain
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Heart palpitations
- Heart problems
- Heart damage
- Valve inflammation
- Heart attack
COMPANIES CURRENTLY RUNNING HEPATITIS C DRUG TRIALS
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol Myers-Squibb
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
SERIOUS RISKS MAY HAVE BEEN HIDDEN FROM HEP C TRIAL PARTICIPANTS
Patients are not always informed of all the potential risks and long-term effects of participating in a drug trial. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you understand all the trial enrollment paperwork you signed?
- Were you confused by the consent forms?
- Did you have lingering questions about side effects?
- Did your doctor fail to explain all the possible outcomes of the trial?
- Were you told you had a problem and then told something different by another doctor?
- Were you referred to several doctors during your initial treatment and/or after the trial?