Other Dangerous Pharmaceutical Drugs
LIFE-THREATENING SIDE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH COMMON MEDICATIONS
All prescription drugs have side effects — common and severe — in one form or another. Generally, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will approve a drug if the benefits outweigh the risks, regardless of how severe the risk may be. If the risks are not too common, the FDA may approve the drug for the market.
Unfortunately, life-altering and deadly side effects of medications are sometimes found only after being available on the market and prescribed to millions of people over a few months or years. Drugs of every class and type have been found to have serious side effects.
COMMON PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS WITH DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS
Here is a list of common pharmaceutical drugs that have severe side effects:
- Acthar — increased risk of infections and Cushing’s syndrome
- Avelon — may cause swelling or tearing of tendons and permanent nerve damage
- Benlysta — linked to mortality increase and serious, potentially fatal infections
- Clomid — may cause irreversible visual impairments
- Diflucan — increased risk of miscarriage in pregnant patients
- Fosamax — linked to esophagus irritation, inflammation, ulcers (cancer under investigation)
- Gilenya — may cause rare and severe brain infection
- Incivek — can cause toxic epidermal necrolysis, a fatal skin reaction, in combination with ribavirin
- Omontys — recalled due to severe and deadly anaphylaxis in patients
- Samsca — extended use linked to liver injury, requiring a transplant or causing death
- Steroid Meningitis Outbreak — In 2012, 64 people died and more than 750 others were injured by a contaminated batch of steroid injections
- Testosterone Therapy — increased risk of heart attack and stroke with use
- Viagra — may be associated with an increased risk of melanoma
- Z-Pak — increased risk of fatal heart arrhythmias
- Zofran — may cause birth defects
WHY DO I NEED A LAWYER FOR MY DANGEROUS MEDICATION INJURY?
Every year, more than 200,000 people suffer from fatal injuries or illnesses from drugs approved by the FDA. Suing the pharmaceutical giants that manufacture dangerous drugs and medical devices can be expensive, complicated, and seem impossible.
In order to fight these battles, it takes an experienced staff of attorneys and an enormous amount of legal and financial resources. Thomas J. Henry is one of only a few attorneys who is willing to engage in this David versus Goliath fight. Our dangerous drug attorneys are experienced in pharmaceutical litigation and are equipped with the legal resources necessary to take on the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. We bring in the best medical device and pharmaceutical drug experts from across the country to provide expert reports and testimony on your behalf.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or illness due to a dangerous pharmaceutical drug or medical device, contact our experienced injury lawyers at Thomas J. Henry. The pharmaceutical companies deserve to be held liable, and you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED DANGEROUS DRUG LAWYER
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug, you may be entitled to compensation. You deserve dynamic representation from a law firm with the resources necessary to take on the pharmaceutical companies. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of helping clients receive record-breaking verdicts, settlements, and judgments. Contact our experienced drug recall and pharmaceutical litigation attorneys, available 24/7, nights and weekends, for a free case review.