Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyers
Pharmacy Malpractice Attorneys Serving Victims Nationwide from Our Texas Offices in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Austin
What is Pharmaceutical Malpractice?
Pharmacy malpractice is considered a form of medical malpractice and is caused by pharmacists, or pharmacy technicians, failing to competently perform their medical duties. Pharmacy malpractice can cause devastating, debilitating, and life-threatening complications. Unfortunately, pharmacy errors can have fatal consequences as well — at least one death every day is attributed to a medication error. Each year, more than a million people in the united states are injured due to a medication distribution error.
There are many opportunities for pharmaceutical mistakes to occur, such as prescribing, repackaging, dispensing, administering, or monitoring. Negligence oftentimes comes in the form of disregard for safety procedures and protocols, lack of communication between pharmacy technicians and pharmacists, and poor understanding of products and their usages (CDC). Regardless of how a pharmaceutical error occurs, victims of such negligence are entitled to compensation for their injuries, illnesses, medical costs, lost wages, and more.
If you or a loved one have suffered from an injury after a medication error, contact Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our experienced pharmacy malpractice lawyers are available to take your call and evaluate your claim.
Common Types of Pharmacy Malpractice Injuries
A variety of injuries can occur as a result of pharmacy malpractice. Injuries and illnesses due to a medical error can be evident soon after taking a drug or take years to develop. Illnesses and injuries that may be caused by a medical error include:
- Allergic reactions
- Birth defects or pregnancy complications
- Organ failure
Common Types of Pharmacy Malpractice Errors
- Dosage errors — this occurs when the pharmacist fills a prescription with a dose that is higher or lower than what was prescribed by the doctor.
- Incorrect prescriptions — this can occur when the doctor prescribes the wrong medication, or when the pharmacist fills the wrong prescription.
- Patient/prescription mix-ups — this can occur when the pharmacist accidentally gives out the wrong prescription or switches two patients’ prescriptions.
- Failure to counsel patient — part of a pharmacist’s job is to provide information to the patient about possible drug interactions and complications.
- Prescribing medication without a license — this may occur when an “internet pharmacy” fills a medication order online without a valid prescription.
Contact an Experienced Pharmaceutical Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured due to pharmaceutical negligence, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our firm has represented victims of medical and pharmaceutical errors for more than 25 years and continues to provide dynamic and personal representation to all injured clients. Pharmaceutical errors are a serious matter that can lead to severe injuries, illnesses, and in some cases death. You need a law firm with the legal resources and experienced attorneys necessary to handle your case properly and efficiently. Thomas j. Henry has a proven history of achieving record-breaking, real results for clients in a variety of personal injury lawsuits.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.