Chrysler Airbag Recall
3 Deaths, 5 Injuries Linked to Airbag and Seat Belt Failures in Fiat Chrysler Vehicles
A defective module equipped in certain Fiat Chrysler vehicles may prevent airbags from deploying in the event of a collision. Further, the module can fail to trigger seat belt pretensioners during impact, rendering the seat belts useless.
Fiat Chrysler has linked three deaths and five injuries to the problem but has not yet revealed the manufacturer of the defective part.
CARS AFFECTED BY THE FIAT CHRYSLER AIRBAG RECALL
The following vehicles are covered by the recall:
- 2010 Chrysler Sebring
- 2011 – 2014 Chrysler 200
- 2010 – 2012 Dodge Caliber
- 2010 – 2014 Dodge Avengers
- 2010 – 2014 Jeep Patriot
- 2010 – 2014 Jeep Compass
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED VEHICLE RECALL ATTORNEY
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. The firm has extensive experience in auto recall litigation and has represented victims of defective vehicles in every state in the nation.
In 2014, the firm garnered national attention when it spearheaded the fight against General Motors over serious injuries and deaths linked to their recalled vehicles by launching one of the first national investigations of GM.
- The GM recall was due to a faulty ignition switch that could shift from the “run” position to the “off” or “accessory” positions while the vehicle was in operation.
- This faulty switch could lead to engine stalls and loss of power steering and airbag functionality.
- There were more than 120 deaths and 275 injuries linked to the recalled vehicles.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled Fiat Chrysler vehicle or a defective airbag, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.