Spinal Cord and Back Injuries
Serving Clients Nationwide From Our Texas Offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin
The human back is an intricate structure of bones, muscles, and other tissues and is essential to regular human function. Due to the important functions of the back and spinal cord, injuries to these areas can be devastating and life-altering.
If you have suffered a back or spine injury, it is important to speak with an attorney as quickly as possible. Do not risk your claim, call Thomas J. Henry Law now.
Types of Back and Spine Injuries
Back injuries: Because back injuries involve only the bones in the back, a person can actually “break” their back or neck without sustaining a paralyzing spinal cord injury. Back injuries include:
- Sprains and strains
- Herniated disks
- Fractured vertebrae
Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries, as opposed to back injuries, can cause paralysis or death. Spinal cord injuries are categorized by the level of injury and how much motor function is left below that level. They are grouped into one of two categories:
- Complete injury — no function below the primary level of injury
- Incomplete injury — some functioning below the primary level of injury
- Complications from a severe spinal cord injury may include respiratory issues, irregular heartbeat, persistent pain, blood clots, and sexual dysfunction.
Symptoms of Spinal Cord and Back Injuries
Individuals suffering from a spinal cord or back injury may exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Head that is in an unusual position
- Numbness or tingling that spreads down an arm or leg
- Weakness or difficulty walking
- Paralysis of arms or legs
- No bladder or bowel control
- Symptoms of shock (pale, clammy skin; bluish lips and fingernails; acting dazed or semiconscious)
- Lack of alertness (unconsciousness)
- Stiff neck, headache, or neck pain
Accidents that Often Result in Spine and Back Injuries
There are many different causes of spinal cord and back injuries, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Acts of physical violence
- Recreational sports activities
- On the job accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
Contact an Experienced Spinal Cord and Back Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered from a severe spinal cord injury or back injury, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are backed by the legal and financial resources necessary to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Insurance companies will try to offer amounts that do not take into account the catastrophic impact a spinal cord injury may have on the rest of your life. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries, pain and suffering, lost wages, medical costs, mental anguish, and more.
Our lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide.