Prebiotic Formula Recalled- Salmonella Contamination
Eco Health, Inc. has recalled its florAlign Prebiotic Formula due to potential contamination with Salmonella which can cause serious infections and, in some cases, even death.
Prebiotic Formula May be Contaminated
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), certain units of florAlign Prebiotic Formula, produced by Eco Health, Inc. may be contaminated with Salmonella. The FDA recommended consumers stop using the formula after it was alerted to similar Salmonella concerns with the contract manufacturer, Ingredion. The FDA urges consumers to return the items for a full refund or contact the company at 1-661-208-3446 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST weekdays with any questions/concerns.
Description of florAlign Prebiotic Formula
- The recall includes Eco Health Prebiotic Formula berry flavored powder found in 60 unit (90 gram), 40 unit (180 gram) and 174 unit (270 gram) sizes.
- The recall does not include Eco Health PROBIOTIC formula capsules.
- These products feature UPC codes FA02-90GM, FA02-180GM, and FA02-180GM and the address 25876 The Old Road #158, Newhall, CA 91321.
- The formula was distributed by various mail order services between June 2011 and August 2012.
Risks Associated with Salmonella
- While no injuries have been reported due to the contaminated Eco Health Prebiotic Formula, the FDA notes that Salmonella can cause potentially fatal infections in children, the elderly, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Symptoms of Salmonella infection include fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and bloody diarrhea.
- If it enters the blood stream, Salmonella can cause infections resulting in more severe symptoms, such as aneurysms, endocarditis and arthritis.
Contact an Experienced Drug Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of recalled medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.