El Paso Premises Liability Attorneys
Slip and Fall Lawyers in El Paso Serving Injured Clients Across West Texas
When a property owner neglects to keep their property or properties safe, they are endangering you and those around you. Every day people suffer severe injuries in accidents because of someone else’s negligence in taking proper care of their property. Premises liability holds business owners, city governments, and property owners liable for injuries that occur on their properties including matters of negligent maintenance or unsafe premises.
If a property owner knew about a hazard on their property and failed to take steps to resolve it, they may be found negligent and be held responsible for your injuries.
In order to have a viable premises liability claim in El Paso, there are few things that must be proven:
- The entity you are bringing the claim against must have created or contributed to the factor that caused your injury
- The property or business owner knew about the factor but did not take a reasonable care to remedy it; or the dangerous factor was present for a period of time in which it should have been properly addressed
- The property owner allowed you, either as an invitee or licensee, to be on the premises where the accident occurred
It can be difficult to determine on your own whether you have a case, especially if the owner of the property denies being liable for your injuries. Speak to one of our premises liability attorneys in El Paso (available 24/7) to find out if you have a case.
Common Types of Premises Liability Cases
Many types of accidents fall under the legal concept of premises liability, including:
- Amusement park accidents
- Dog bites
- Apartment complex accidents
- Defective premises
- Falling objects
- Improper or poor lighting
- Loose mats in entry ways
- Negligent security
- Railing and balcony accidents
- Retail store accidents
- Slip and falls
- Swimming pool accidents (drownings)
- Wet floors with no warning signs
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has represented many clients in Texas who have fallen victim from a dangerous or unsafe property. To find out if you have a claim, call our local El Paso slip and fall lawyers for a free legal consultation.
Always Document Your Slip and Fall Injury or Dog Bite
Unfortunately for some victims of premises liability accidents, there were no witnesses to prove the incident that caused their injuries. In these cases, it is incredibly important to report the slip and fall accident to a store manager or property owner. Most large businesses have processes in place to document injuries that occur on their grounds.
Other premises liability cases occur on property where there is no apparent manager or owner available to speak with and file a report. One way that you can ensure that your accident and injury are documented is to call 911 and speak with a law enforcement officer or emergency personnel. Be sure to call 911 if it is an emergency or if you suffered a serious injury, specifically to make sure your wounds are tended to in a quick fashion.
In addition, there are resources to report certain types of premises accidents or dangerous premises to proper authorities in El Paso, Texas:
- If emergency care is needed, call 911 immediately after any type of slip, fall, dog bite, or other injury caused by a dangerous condition on someone else’s property.
- Report an animal bite: Call 311. City of El Paso Animal Services Officers respond to emergency situations 24/7.
- You may also call Animal Services to report any type of animal bite, loose or aggressive dogs, and animal cruelty complaints.
- Report code violations, including dangerous premises, obstructed sidewalks, etc.: Speak to the City of El Paso’s Code Compliance Division by calling 311.
Hurt in a Slip and Fall or Suffering From a Dog Bite? Start Your Free Case Review Today
If you or a loved one sustained an injury due to the negligence of a property owner, you may be entitled to compensation. Our experienced team of El Paso premises liability accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. Premises liability lawsuits can be complicated, but Thomas J. Henry has more than 25 years of experience and the legal resources to develop your case properly and put you in the best position possible to achieve real results.
- Phone number: 915-566-0788 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 221 N. Kansas Street, Suite 700, El Paso, Texas 79901 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
Great company and very friendly people, very satisfied with Thomas j Henry!
– Asia R., 3/22/2018