Prestone Recalls Windshield Products of Child Safety Issues
Prestone Windshield De-Icer and Prestone Ice and Frost Shield are being voluntarily recalled.
About the Prestone Product Recall
Approximately 4.1 million Windshield De-Icer and Frost Shield products are involved in this recall.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) the trigger spray assembly can be removed from the De-Icer and Frost Shield containers, which contain methanol and ethylene glycol. Children who have access to the product can detach the spray assembly, which poses a high risk of poisoning.
Prestone recommends keeping all products that contain hazardous chemicals out of reach and sight of children. Consumers should check the bottle themselves to see if the trigger assembly can be removed, if so, they should contact Prestone immediately.
Customers will receive a new replacement trigger assembly that cannot be removed.
Recalled Windshield De-Icer and Frost Shield Information
- This recall involved two products: Prestone Windshield De-Icer and Prestone Ice and Frost Shield.
- The Prestone Windshield De-Icer (SKU AS-246):
- The product was used to melt ice on the windshields and windows of motor vehicles.
- De-Icer was sold in a clear yellow 32-ounce plastic bottle with a trigger spray that has a black tip on the nozzle.
- The Prestone Ice and Frost Shield (SKU AS-247):
- Frost Shield was used to reduce morning frost, light ice and snow on the windshields, windows, and wiper blades of motor vehicles.
- Frost shield was sold in a clear yellow 32-ounce plastic bottle with a trigger spray and yellow trigger pull.
- The SKU number is printed on the bottom left of the black label.
- Products were sold at AutoZone, Kroger, Meijer, O’Reilly’s, Pep Boys and Wal-Mart, online at www.Amazon.com, and other various retailers.
- De-Icer and Frost Shield were sold from September 2011 through August 2015 for $3-$11.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57