Probe Launched After Plane Crash Goes Unnoticed For Several Hours
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has launched an investigation into a plane crash that went unnoticed for several hours on the runway at a Tennessee airport outside of Nashville.
About the Tennessee Plane Crash
- According to KRIS TV, a Cessna 172 single-engine plane crashed at Nashville International Airport.
- Investigators say that the fog that day was very dense and perhaps the crash was caused by pilot error. They did not comment on why it took so long to discover the wreckage, but that a sweep of the runway was done just prior to the crash.
- Investigators plan to listen to air traffic control tapes and review the pilot's experience, they expect a premilary report should be availbable within two weeks.
Aviation Accident Statistics
- According to the National Transportation Safety Board, 2012 saw 1,539 civil aviation accidents – 280 of those were fatal.
- Pilot often is the most common cause of aviation accidents followed by mechanical error then weather.
- 36 percent of aircraft fatalities take place during the final approach and landing phase of flights
Contact an Experienced Aviation Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to aviation accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. We represent clients/victims all over the country. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends..