Rainbow Play Systems Recalls Trapeze Rings
Rainbow Play Systems has recalled more than 100,000 pairs of trapeze rings after receiving over 100 reports of the rings breaking, posing a fall hazard.
About the Rainbow Play System Recall
Regulators are recommending that consumers keep children from using the rings until the units can be safely removed from the play set.
The recalled products were sold between January 2007 and December 2011 through Rainbow dealers and several retail stores, including Sam’s Club, Toys R Us, and Walmart. Units were sold for between $900 and $10,000.
Description of the Recalled Rings
- The rings are yellow and triangular in shape with rounded sides and a loop at the top.
- They are about 8.5 inches high and 6.5 inches wide.
- The rings came in a pair and were connected to a trapeze bar.
- The rings were sold individually or as an attachment on the following Rainbow®-branded residential wooden playsets: All-American, Backyard Circus, Carnival, Fiesta, King Kong, Monster, Sunray, Sunshine and Rainbow.
- These playsets all have an aluminum plate on the front of the wooden swing beam stamped with one of the following: “Playgrounds America,” “Rainbow Play Systems Inc.,” or “Sunray Premium Playgrounds.”