Recall for Tern Folding Bicycles Expanded
About the Tern Folding Bicycle Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Stile Products has expanded the recall for the Tern Folding Bicycles models Eclipse S11i and Verge S11i, X10, X20, and X30h because the bike’s frame can crack at the hinge on the top tube, posing a fall hazard.
The company has received 4 reports of incidents of the frame hinge cracking, resulting in minor scrapes, bruises, and one sprained shoulder.
About 220 units were recalled in addition to the 175 that were recalled in June of 2013.
It is recommended that consumers cease use the defective bicycles and contact an authorized Stile dealer for a replacement frame at no cost.
Description of the Tern Folding Bicycles
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- The 24-inch wheel Eclipse model was sold in a silver/black color combination.
- The 20-inch wheel Verge models were sold in silver/black, orange/white, red/black, and yellow/grey color combinations, confirmed CPSC.
- Defective units were sold at Authorized Stile/Tern dealers nationwide from January 2012 to April 2016.
- Recalled bicycles ranged from $1,800 to $3,000 in price.
- The bicycles are distributed by Stile Products, Inc. and manufactured in Taiwan.