Recall Issued for Dietary Supplements Containing Controlled Substances
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has released information on a nationwide recall that has been issued by Bethel Nutritional Consulting Inc. after tests showed the supplements contained Sibutramine and Phenolphthalein.
Bethel, Bethel Advanced and Quick Trim Recalled
The recall concerns the following supplements:
- Bethel 30 – Lot # 120514
- Bethel Advance – Lot # 10092011
- Quick Thin – Lot # 10032011
- The supplements are sold in white bottles containing 30 capsules.
- The product was marketed as “natural herbs for weight loss.”
- The supplements were sold directly to consumers via the company’s New York sales office and online through their website, www.bethe30.com.
Dangers Associated with the Recalled Supplements
- The supplements were found to carry the dangerous substances Sibutramine and Phenolphthalein.
- Sibutramine is a controlled substance and may lead to elevated blood pressure and pulse upon ingestion.
- According to the FDA, the drug poses significant risks for people with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias or stroke.
- Sibutramine may also have fatal interactions when combined with other medications.
- Phenolphthalein can lead to serious gastrointestinal disturbance, irregular heartbeat, and cancer after prolonged use.
The FDA states that all supplements should be returned immediately to their place of purchase. Contact a healthcare professional if you experienced any side effects while taking the supplements.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.