Recent Child Product Recalls
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced three children’s product recalls this week- recalls include a sippy cup from Target, a baby rattle by Manhattan Group, and girls' drawstring jackets from Ross.
Target Home Bunny Sippy Cup Recall
- 264,000 “Target Home Bunny Sippy Cups” have been recalled due to a child injury hazard.
- According to the recall notice, the ear located toward the top of the cup may poke children in the eyes while in use.
- There have been 6 reports of injuries (3 out of 6 of those reports involved cuts or bruises).
- The sippy cups were sold at Target stores nationwide from February to April 2012.
Whoozit Starry Time Rattle Recall
- The “Whoozit Starry Time Rattle” has been recalled by Manhattan Group due to a choking hazard.
- According to the recall notice, the spheres (located on each end of the rattle) can break causing small parts to spill out. This poses as a choking hazard to small children.
- The manufacturer, Manhattan Group, has received 2 reports of rattles breaking.
- The recalled rattles were sold at specialty toy and baby stores nationwide from September 2011- March 2012.
Girl’s Jacket Recalled from Ross
- About 13,000 “Me Jane Kids” and “B-Hip Kids by Me Jane” girls’ jackets have been recalled by Louise Paris Ltd. due to an entanglement hazard.
- According to the recall notice, the drawstrings located at the waist of these jackets could potentially strangle a child.
- The recalled jackets come in various sizes, colors, and styles.
- The jackets were sold at Ross Stores Inc. nationwide from November 2011- January 2012.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57