Reichel Recalls More Food for Listeria Risk
Reichel Foods is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of Dippin’ Stix and pizza products due to possible Listeria contamination, adding to their previous recall. The first set of recalled products can be found here.
About the Recalled Dippin’ Stix and Pizza
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the problem was discovered by Reichel Foods through microbiological testing. No illnesses have been reported as a result of eating these products, but anyone concerned about an illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Anyone that has purchased these products (details below) is recommended to throw away the product immediately or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Description of Recalled Dippin’ Stix and Pizza
The products being recalled are:
- 2.75 oz. single serve trays of Dippin’ Stix Apples & Caramel with Peanuts. The affected case code dates are 09/01/12, 09/02/12, and 09/03/12. The affected single serve tray code dates are USE BY 01SEP2012, USE BY 02SEP2012, and USE BY 03SEP2012.
- 5.6 oz. packages of “Armour Active Packs Cheese Pizza” Package Code 1026090112 or Case Code 27815-17996.
Information on Listeria
- The Listeria bacteria can lead to the listeriosis infection, which kills 20 percent of all infected people.
- Symptoms can show up between 3 to 70 days after infection.
- Symptoms can include fever and muscle aches, sometimes preceded by diarrhea and other stomach problems. However, depending on the infection, Listeria can present itself in different ways. The CDC's website provides more details on possible symptoms.
- According to the CDC, older adults, pregnant women, newborns, and adults with weakened immune systems are more susceptible to infection. However, on rare occasions people that do not have these risk factors can also be affected.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.