Results of Diabetes Drug Trial to be Released September
A new pill produced by Eli Lilly and Boehringer Ingelheim has shown some promising results during its clinical trial phase. The drug has lowered risk of cardiovascular problems which is an important factor when treating diabetes
About the Diabetes Drug Trials
Eli Lilly and Boehringer have seen favorable results with the diabetes pill Jardiance. Reuters News Agency reports that this drug is the first glucose lowering SGLT2 inhibitor medicine that has cut the risk of cardiovascular problems in patients.
The drug went through a 7,000-patient study of patients with type 2 diabetes considered to be at high risk of cardiovascular problems. The drug reduced the risk of heart attacks and strokes in patients.
The most common form of diabetes is closely associated with obesity, and several drug companies have reported that reducing cardiovascular issues will decrease the chances of death with type 2 diabetes.
The drug companies have announced that they plan to release the full clinical results of the trial on September the 17th at the annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes in Stockholm.
Side Effects of Jardiance
- The safety of the diabetes drug Jardiance, which lowers glucose, was consistent with results of previous trials.
- Some patients have experienced certain side effects which included dehydration, dizziness and low blood sugar.
Diabetes, Heart Attack, and Stroke Rates
All of the following data was provided by the National Diabetes Statistics Report released on June 2014:
- In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or approximately 9.3% of the population were diagnosed with diabetes
- In 2010, hospitalization rates for heart attack were 1.8 times higher among adults aged 20 years or older with diagnosed diabetes than among adults without diagnosed diabetes
- In 2010, hospitalization rates for stroke were 1.5 times higher among adults with diagnosed diabetes aged 20 years or older compared to those without diagnosed diabetes.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57