SA Daycare Shut Down due to Negligence
The Department of Family and Protective Services has shut down a San Antonio daycare facility due to numerous allegations of negligence.
San Antonio Daycare Cited for Negligence
According to the San Antonio Express News, the Enrichment Academy of San Antonio has been cited for approximately 43 “deficiencies” in the past six months. According to the report, the daycare was found guilty of the following acts of negligence:
- A caregiver employed by the facility fractured a young child’s arm while forcefully picking the toddler up off the floor.
- Members of the staff failed to notice that a 6-year-old had wandered away from the facility.
- The missing child was later found wondering down a busy street.
Actions Taken Against the Enrichment Academy
The DFPS has taken the following actions against the facility and its operator:
- The facility has been given orders to cease all operations, and to close its doors for good.
- The owner, Aparna Challapalli, has been banned from both applying to operate a daycare facility and from working at a facility for the next 5 years.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If negligent care played a part in you child’s serious injury or death, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57