Sabra Dipping Company Recalls Cassic Hummus
Sabra Dipping Co., LLC has announced a recall of approximately 30,000 cases of its Classic Hummus due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
The potential for contamination was discovered when a routine, random sample collected at a retail location tested positive for the Listeria bacteria.
What is Listeria Monocytogenes?
Listeria monocytongenes is a facultative anaerobic bacteria that can contaminate food and result in the infection listeriosis.
The bacteria poses an increased threat to those with compromised or weakened immune systems and can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children and elderly people. Infection can also result in stillbirth and miscarriage.
Common symptoms of listeriosis include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
Description of the Recalled Products
- Sabra Classic Hummus 10oz
- UPC/SKU – 04822011143 / 300067
- Sabra Classic Hummus 30oz
- UPC/SKU – 04082214687 / 300074
- Sabra Classic Hummus without Garnish 32oz
- UPC/SKU – 040822342049 / 301216
- Sabra Classic Hummus 170z Six Pack
- UPC/SKU – 040822017497 / 301290
- Hummus Dual Pack Classic/Garlic 23.5oz
- UPC/SKU – 040822342209 / 301283