Safety Tips for Driving Near Trucks
According to a sharetheroadsafely.org article, drivers on the highway have to be very cautious around 18-wheeler trucks. The occupants of a car, usually the driver, sustain 78 percent of fatalities in accidents with trucks.
- Cutting in front of a vehicle causes an emergency-braking situation. Buses/larger vehicles take longer to stop, which can cause fatal accidents. Always check the rear-view mirror to avoid these situations.
- Drivers should always buckle their seat belts. In an accident with a larger vehicle, it can save your life.
- Large trucks have large blind spots around the front, back and sides of the truck. The truck driver could turn into you because he can’t see you. Remember, if you can’t see the driver in the truck’s mirror, he can’t see you.
- Inattentive drivers can be dangerous because they don’t pay attention to blind spots or brake lights. Remember to pull over if you have to use a cell phone.
- Aggressive drivers can put themselves and other drivers at risk by running red lights, speeding, or pulling in front of trucks too quickly. These situations can lead to road rage or accidents.
- Trucks make wide right turns. Always try to pay attention so you don’t get caught in a “squeeze” between the truck and the curb. “Squeezes” can cause serious accidents, so pay attention to trucks’ signals.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.