Salad Products Recalled from Target Due to Listeria Concerns
Garden Fresh Food, Inc., a Milwaukee company, is voluntarily recalling various salads, coleslaw and dips from Target’s shelves due to possible contamination of these products.The food products are suspected to be contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.
Information on the Target Salad Recalls
- Recalled products are sold under the names Market Pantry, Archer Farms, D'Amico, Roundy's, Grandpa's, Maggie's and Finest Tradition, Chef's Kitchen, Garden-Fresh, Weis, Spartan and Portillo brands.
- These food products are sold at Target Stores.
- These products include a variety of ready-made salads, coleslaws, and dips.
- The FDA has not yet received any reports of illness, injuries, or complaints.
Effects of Listeria
The following information was obtained by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration:
- Effects of the Listeria monocytogenes organism range from short-term symptoms to fatal infections.
- Short-term effects are most likely suffered by those who have generally healthy immune systems, and include symptoms like diarrhea, fever, stiffness, headache, nausea, and more.
- Those who have weakened immune systems, like children or the elderly, are at a higher risk of a fatal infection from listeria.
- Listeria can cause miscarriages or stillbirths in pregnant women.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.