Salmonella Concerns Prompt Massive Mango Recall
Nearly one million mangoes have been recalled in the U.S and in Canada since being linked to a multi-state outbreak of Salmonella poisoning.
The recall involves Daniella brand mangoes from Mexico which were distributed by Splendid Products between July and August of 2012. The recalled mangoes were sold at various grocery and retail stores, including:
- Save Mart Supermarkets
- Food 4 Less
- Topco stores
- El Super
- Stop & Shop
- Whole Foods
105 Salmonella Cases Linked to Mangoes
- The tainted mangoes have been linked to more than 100 salmonella cases spanning 16 states.
- 105 possible cases of salmonella infection are currently being investigated by federal officials.
- Of the possible cases, 25 have resulted in hospitalizations.
What is Salmonellosis?
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Salmonellosis is the name of the infection caused by the bacteria, salmonella.
- Symptoms of Salmonellosis include fever, stomach cramps, and diarrhea which typically last four to seven days.
- Although many of the infected recover on their own, hospitalizations due to the disease are common.
- Certain segments of the population are at an increased risk -young children, the elderly, and the immunocompromised are the most likely to have severe infections.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57