Salmonella Found in Macadamia Nuts Forces Recall
Mahina Mele Farms, a Macadamia Nut company is recalling various products due to Salmonella contamination in many of the company’s products.
About the Macadamia Nut Recall
Mahina Mele Farms have recalled various types of their products contaminated with Salmonella according to the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Salmonella is a an organism that should be taken seriously due to the risky health hazards it has mainly in young children and people with weak immune systems.
Shipment of the products were between May 26-29, 2015. To date, no illnesses have been reported, but due to safety risks and hazards.
Description of the Recalled Nuts
- Izzie Macs! Macadamia Nuts – Lot #16
- Sizes & Types: 6 oz. salted (UPC: 689076792677)
- 6 oz. unsalted (UPC: 689076793575)
- 16 oz. salted (UPC: 689076792776)
- 16 oz. unsalted (UPC: 689076792974)
- Bulk Macadamia Nuts – Lot #16
- Sizes & Types: 5 lb. bag, salted/unsalted, wholes/pieces
- Baby Bruddah’s Mac Nut Buttah – 12 oz. bag (UPC: 753182242019)
- Baby Bruddah’s Chocolate Mac Nut Buttah – 12 oz. bag (UPC: 735182242040)
What to Do if You have Purchased Any of the Macadamia Nut Products:
Customers should not consume any of the products described above. Should the customer wish to get reimbursed for any of the above purchases, please return them to the store where purchased for a full refund. To contact the owners of the product, please call: (808)-328-8987 and speak to Jason or Kollette Stith.