Scammers Pushing Phoney Stem Cell Treatments
According to Fox News, scammers are offering ineffective stem cell treatments to patients with untreatable conditions.
Potential Benefits of Stem Cell Treatment Research
- Stem cells are being researched for treatments of diseases including diabetes, cancer, and Parkinson's Disease.
- While research has shown potential in the treatment of a number of major diseases, there are currently few widely accepted stem cell treatments.
- Further, each type of potential treatment (spinal, muscle, heart) requires a specific type of stem cell as each type carries a different function in the body.
About the Stem Cell Treatment Scam
- The scam involved clinics who were advertising the use of mesenchymal stem cells as a means to treat everything from heart diesease to bone disease.
- Currently, mesenchymal stem cell treatment is not only unproven, but it is also illegal.
- According to the Irish Times, one company claimed that throught the use of mesenchymal stem cell treatement, they could cure over 100 different diseases.
- It is estimated that 100,000 U.S. patients were scammed by these clinics, paying upto $150,000 for treatment.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of medical malpractice litigation. We have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.