Schylling Recalls Toy Vehicles – Choking Hazard
Schylling Toy Incorporation has recently recalled approximately 15,300 units of its Police Press and Go Toy Vehicles after evidence of choking incidents involving a removable part of the toy surfaced.
About the Toy Vehicle Recall
According to the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Schylling has recalled its Police Press and Go Toy Vehicles due to recent evidence that the toys pose a hazard to young children.
The toy vehicle contains a policeman that has a very small detachable hat which could easily become a choking hazard to young children.
Thus far, there have been no reported incidents involving the product and children choking. However, to be safe, the CPSC urges consumers with young children to either return the product or keep close watch on said children when young children come into contact with the toy.
Description of Recalled Product
- The recall involves about 15,300 units, 13,200 in the U.S and 2,100 in Canada, of Schylling’s Police Press and Go Toy Vehicles.
- The toy vehicles are white, plastic toy cars with dark blue painted hoods and trunks. The toy vehicle has a light blue windshield and the front is decorated with painted-on black eyes and a mouth
- The toy vehicle contains a small policeman, wearing a blue police hat with a green star in the center, coming out of the roof of the vehicle. When the head of the policeman is pressed down, the motor of the toy vehicle winds up and this mechanism pushes/moves the vehicle forward
- The toy vehicles measure about 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches long by 3.5 inches tall
- “Schylling Rowley, MA” and a UPC number reading “01964922782” are both printed on the bottom of the toy cars
- The company has received only one report of the hat detaching from the policeman’s head, but have received no news of any injury involving the toy vehicle
- The toys were sold at specialty toy and gift shops nationwide from April 2010 to April 2015 for an estimated price of $5
- The toys are manufactured in China and imported by the Schylling Incorporation of Rowley, MA