Sears Re-Announcing Recall of Nearly 800,000 Humidifiers
According to the CPSC, Sears has re-announced an ongoing recall on 795,000 humidifiers after additional reports of fires and finding few consumers had responded to the recall made August of 2012.
Description of Recalled Sears Kenmore Humidifiers
- Made of white plastic.
- Between 21 and 24 inches tall, about 15 inches wide, and about 13.5 inches deep.
- Fan and humidity controls found on front panel.
- Kenmore logo placed on front panel.
Following model numbers can be found on the right side of the interior of the humidifier after bucket has been removed.
- 35-pint (2004) – 580.54351400
- 50-pint (2003) – 580.53509300
- 70-pint (2003) – 580.53701300
- 70-pint (2004) – 580.54701400
- 70-pint (2005) – 580.54701500
- Units were sold between 2003 and 2005
Injuries and Damages Caused by Recalled Humidifiers
- Seven additional incident reports of shorting and fires have occurred since original recall.
- There was one report of severe burns.
- Three house fires have been reported resulting in $300,000 in property damage.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.