Sears Recalls LG and Kenmore Dryers
Sears is recalling approximately 21,000 LG and Kenmore gas dryers due to a defective gas valve, which could cause dryers to overheat, smoke, and catch fire.
Dryers Scorched Clothing, Caused Burns
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), some affected LG and Kenmore brand models may continue to dry after being shut off, posing serious smoke and fire hazards to users. The companies have received 141 incident reports- 50 reports involved scorched clothing and three reports involved hand and arm burns. It is strongly recommended that dryers not be used until they have been repaired.
Detailed Description of Recalled Dryers
- The recall involves LG Electronic and Kenmore Elite Dryers.
- LG dryers were sold in white; Kenmore Elite dryers come in red, white and gold.
- A full list of model numbers and serial numbers can be found on the official recall notice.
- The LG brand dryers were sold by various stores, including Sears, from November 2009 through August 2010.
- The Kenmore Elite brand dryers were sold at Sears from November 2009 through August 2010.
- All products were priced between approximately $650 and $1,500.
Additional Information for LG and Kenmore Dryer Owners
- For more information about repairs and the recall, consumers can contact Sears or LG Electronics directly.
- LG can be reached toll free at (866) 223-5355 or at www.lg.com/us.
- Sears can be reached toll free at (888) 375-9741 or at www.sears.com.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.