Sewn Cords Recalled- Fall Hazard
The Sterling Rope Company has recently recalled four models of sewn cords sold in the United States and Canada. Approximately 9,200 cords were sold in the U.S. and 480 in Canada.
About the Sewn Cord Recall
CPSC recommends that consumers cease use of the product and contact Sterling Rope for a free replacement. Consumers may also return the product to authorized Sterling dealers.
Description of Recalled Sewn Cords
- The recall affects four models of sewn cords: 8mm Aztek (AZ) Sewn Bound Loop Prusik, Aztek (AZ) Elite 8mm Edge Restraint, 8mm PER Sewn Eye, 8mm Accessory Cord Sewn Eye
- The product and lot numbers are located on the barcode label attached to the Care, Use and Retirement document.
- Prusik, edge restraint and sewn eye cords also have the lot number on the shrink tube label.
- Product numbers being recalled: SC080320116, SC080321116, SC080320322, SC080320422, SC080320622, SC080320716, SC080320816, SC080NY04600, SC080NY06600, SC080NY09600, PER0804407SE and CUSTOMSC.
- All products except solid black cords have a wrapping dotted line design.
- The recalled cords were sold by authorized Sterling Rope dealers from January 2013 through January 2014 in theU.S.andCanadafor $8-32.